Shannon is a third-year Master of Science student in Central Methodist University’s Clinical Counseling Program. She also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Psychology with a minor in Women’s Studies. A wife and mom to 7, her career paths have been exciting and her education never-ending, ultimately leading her to the field of mental health.
Connecting with and supporting others on their journey has been her life’s passion. She has years of experience working with clients who are struggling with the stressors of life, change/starting over, stress and anxiety, blended families, and divorce. She is also a newly certified facilitator of Prepare/Enrich – a program designed to help newly engaged or newly married couples navigate potential stressors in their relationship.
Shannon combines sincere honesty, inquisitiveness, kindness, and compassion with vast life experiences to support clients as they work through their unique challenges and re-discover their strength and resilience.
I may be a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a counselor who will be supportive and meet you where you are
- You find yourself struggling with life changes, navigating divorce, or blending a family
- You are looking to find new or additional ways to better cope with anxiety or depression
- You and your partner are looking to improve your communication skills, manage conflict, and strengthen your relationship.
- You are looking for a safe place to explore your thoughts, actions, beliefs, fears, and concerns.
My areas of interest include:
- Divorce Support
- Life changes & stages
- Couples / Marriage / Relationships
- Blended Families
- Navigating life as a teen / young adult