Needing new effective and healthy coping skills for anxiety or depression?
Looking to heal from past trauma or deep wounds?
Are you or a family member struggling with substance or alcohol use?
Recovering from an affair or breach of trust in your relationship?
Experiencing grief or loss of a loved one?
Needing help in your relationship but your partner is unwilling to come to therapy?
Seeking counseling as an individual means that your specific needs, problems or issues can be the focus of the counseling sessions. We help individuals address their wounds, process through various difficulties they are experiencing, and learn how to take a more active role in their lives to create richer more meaningful lives. We provide a safe, non-judgmental space for you to process your concerns, gain clarity and determine steps to move forward.
Some of the common issues addressed in individual counseling:
- Trauma, abuse or PTSD
- Chronic pain or a Cancer diagnosis
- Unwanted behavior patterns
- Mental Health diagnosis
- Life Transitions
- Relationship concerns
- Assertiveness | Confidence
- Self-worth | Self-esteem
Not experiencing a crisis or significant issue?
Just looking for support or focusing on self-improvement?
Many individuals find significant benefit from seeking counseling even when everything is going well, or there are no major life stressors or crisis. Counseling can provide a great environment for personal enrichment, and a way to find new meaning and purpose, a deeper sense of self, or a new perspective on situations.
At MFCC, individual counseling can offer you a place to
- Explore relationship concerns
- Heal from trauma, abuse, or PTSD
- Better navigate your emotions and mental health while living with chronic pain or a cancer
- Develop emotional awareness that offers a deeper understanding in relationships
- Explore spirituality or religious aspects in your life
- Find healthy coping skills for anxiety or depression
- Develop assertiveness, confidence and self-advocacy
- Understand attachment wounds and needs