What is the cost of a counseling session?
Our fees range from $100-$125 per 55-minute session, for individual counseling, child therapy, marriage, couples, family or online counseling.
Feel like a longer session would be more beneficial for you or your family? We also offer 90-minute sessions ($150-$190/session) for those who travel or have work/time commitments that make longer sessions more convenient for their schedule. While not all of our therapists offer 90-minute sessions, many do. If you are interested in a 90-minute session, make sure to note this when you schedule your appointment.
- Please note, Life Coaching, Spiritual Life Coaching and Enneagram services are charged differently. Please contact our client liaison to inquire about coaching pricing.
- The fees for our Prepare-Enrich Pre-Marital Counseling Program are a little different than the standard hourly fee. Please refer to the Prepare-Enrich page for more information about the program, or contact our office for more details about the Prepare-Enrich program and associated fees.
Therapy is an investment in you, your wellbeing and your life as a whole. The effects are powerful; improving yourself, your relationship and your family.
Marriage & Family Counseling Center (MFCC) is a private pay practice, currently we do not accept insurance. However, depending on your health insurance provider, counseling services may be reimbursable in part or in full. Please contact your provider to verify what services are available for you and to obtain information on how to get reimbursed for Out of Network counseling/psychotherapy services. If your benefits include counseling/psychotherapy, you will be expected to pay your counseling fee directly to MFCC, and MFCC will provide you a Superbill that you can then submit to your insurance provider.
For those planning to submit a Superbill to insurance for reimbursement, please contact your insurance provider prior to your first appointment at MFCC and notify your counselor that you will be requesting a Superbill. Please contact MFCC if you would like a list of specific questions to ask your provider to ensure you have all the information you need to receive reimbursement for your services.
All payments are due at the time of service. MFCC accepts cash, checks, all major credit cards, Health Savings Account (HSA) cards, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards.
- If you are using an HSA or FSA card, we encourage you to verify that your plan covers counseling/psychotherapy prior to your appointment so there are no hiccups in payment for services.
- Please note that all clients are required to have an active credit card on file prior to your first appointment. This card will be the card charged for services unless you request to pay via an alternative payment method at the time of your appointment.
- If payment by check, please make checks out to Marriage & Family Counseling Center, or MFCC.
- There will be a $25 fee assessed for any returned check due to insufficient funds.
- If payment is not made at the time of service, your check is returned or your credit card is declined you will be expected to make arrangements to bring your account balance to $0 before any future appointments can be scheduled.
- If you are planning to submit a Superbill to your insurance for possible reimbursement you are still expected to pay your full appointment fee at the time of service. The insurance will reimburse you directly if they cover counseling/psychotherapy services.
Cancelations & No Show Policy
What is your cancelation policy?
Because we understand that schedules can become busy and sometimes life is unpredictable, MFCC allows appointment cancelations up to 24 hours prior to your appointment time. If you need to cancel an appointment, please let your counselor know at least 24 hours in advance.
What if I don’t know about my appointment time?
You will always be involved in the appointment time setting process. When you schedule your first appointment, our client liaison will confirm via phone or email your appointment time. You will also receive an email or text confirmation of your appointment time.
For any subsequent appointments, your counselor will verify any future appointment times with you to make sure that they work for you. You will always have the freedom to alter times as needed to make sure that they work well for your schedule.
MFCC uses a HIPAA compliant online client portal that allows you to log in at any time to see your documents, make payments if necessary, and to view your upcoming appointment times. You can find the client portal here. If you need help accessing your client portal contact us.
Will I get appointment reminders?
Yes! Our online client portal provides automatic 48-hour in advance and again at 24-hour in advance reminders of appointments so you will always have at least 48-hour notice of your upcoming appointment times.
*Please note, you must select either or all reminder options: text, voicemail or e-mail in your client portal in order for these reminders to be sent.
Will I be charged for a late cancelation or no-show?
MFCC does charge for both late cancelations (any cancelation that is less than 24-hours prior to your appointment) and no-shows (no cancelation, not showing up for your appointment).
Any appointments that are not canceled with at least 24-hours notice will be charged the full rate your appointment.
All no-show appointments will be charged the full rate of the appointment.
Affordable Counseling & Sliding Scale Options
We understand that sometimes life circumstance make it difficult to add anything else to the budget. Finding options for affordable counseling can be difficult and at MFCC we strive to make our counseling services affordable for all and offer a sliding scale when needed and requested. Our sliding scale ranges from $65-$100, depending on need and preference of counselor. Please notify our office prior to scheduling if you would like more information about sliding scale options.
- We do require proof of income and household size in order to verify eligibility for sliding scale pricing prior to your first appointment.
Needing even further assistance? MFCC has a unique opportunity to offer you another option for affordable, sliding-scale counseling that could provide a solution! Our Masters-level student interns are able to offer an affordable, sliding scale option of up to $45/session.